Agencija MojPosao.ba - Kolektiv ltd.
is currently looking for a new team member for CROSSVALLIA
ltd., a member of Linux Hub and HAProxy
group at the position:
Linux System Administrator / Support Engineer
is a leading IT consulting and development company specialized in running high-volume websites, secure GNU/Linux services, and global data networks.
They design, develop and maintain heavy-duty, resilient solutions for companies with massive audiences. Their solutions integrate a unique, multi-layered approach to systems and data security.
Responsible for implementing and maintaining the platforms for the company’s Content Delivery Network and Managed/Colocation services. Responsible for supporting production affecting issues as they are reported by customers, from our sophisticated monitoring systems and sourced internally from within Operations. Must prioritize and manage issues of varying complexity and criticality. Assist Systems Operations and Data Center Management with the daily operations/maintenance of production systems and participate in projects to automate and improve current processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Perform planning, configuration, deployment and maintenance work associated with the production environments supporting our CDN and Dedicated Hosting and Cloud Storage products
- Maintain various linux services (apache, mysql, haproxy, memcached, redis, mongodb, postgresql, varnish) and other custom services
- Bash scripting in order to automate tasks
- Respond to and own support tickets of technical nature, as well as troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve support tickets and questions independently, occasionally partnering with other colleagues
- Perform systems administration tasks associated with implementation, migration and deployments utilizing remotehands
- Identify areas for process and efficiency improvement within Systems Operations; recommend solutions and assist in overseeing implementation
- Create and maintain detailed documentation
- Monitor various systems capacity and provide analytics & forecasts for added or reduced capacity as required
- Test and apply new or updated software, patches, (selfwritten) Shell scripts, replications, backups, following procedures
- Experience including in managing Linux/Unix platforms in these functions: DNS/ADS, RAID, system configuration and administration
- Multiple years of systems automation experience with command line tools (awk, sed, grep, etc.) and one or more scripting languages (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP and strong understanding of load balancing clusters, SLB, firewalls, ISPs, switches, routers, etc.
- Must possess strong documentation skills using online documentation tools such as a wiki. experience using an operational ticketing system to record changes and work history details such as Kayako, Team Support, OTRS or Service Now
- Experience securing systems running Linux operating systems is highly preferred
- RHCE and LPI certificate is considered a plus, however it is not a requirement
- Highly responsible, selfmotivated, and able to thrive in an energetic, fast pace, high growth, entrepreneurial environment. Excellent organizational skills and resource oriented persona required to adapt to a constantly changing technical environment
- Ability to work in an oncall environment, able to respond at all hours either as primary or escalation contact with strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Permanent employment via contract including all benefits
- Possibility of constant personal development and promotion
- Highest level competitive salary
In case you are interested in this position and fulfill above-mentioned requirement please send your CV via application link